christmas

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day Two





From Gallup we went to Fort Wingate. The Seminary building is still in very good shape. The custodian was at the building and Michael and I went inside to look around. I took pictures of the outside. It was fun showing Michael where I watched the cat hypnotize the rattlesnake, where the lady ran over the dog and got mad at us children, and the room that where President Kimball conducted Sunday Services with the congregation sitting on 2x12 placed on cinder blocks.

Then we took the exit to Bluewater. Where we lived was impossible for us to get to in Sunny. So I took picture from the new road. The cook hogan was there along with the chicken coops and saddle barn. I also was able to see the water house on the hill. It made me fill very old to see the weathered wood of the buildings. The little hogans were completely gone.

We did one cache in Grants and it took us almost the where the chapel is located. This chapel is in excellent condition too. The hospital is still right across the road. However, they have moved the emergency entrance to the side of the building.

1 comment:

jayson.shay said...

It is wonderful that you and Dad get to visit these places full of memories. I wonder what church leaders we will have in the future and if my children are meeting any of them out here in the "field." I guess the church is much larger now, with general authorities from all over the world. But then, you did meet that handsome german pilot as a child, didn't you?