christmas

Friday, July 2, 2010

The Hunt for the perfect Geo caching Mobile (again)

Well here we go again thought Dendra to herself as I began to explain my latest harebrained idea. After a trip to Alamo a week or so, I was worried about using my Mazda for four wheeling, it's my work car so it needs to be dependable (don't they all) and is getting up there in miles too at 153,00. The Suzuki has been modified to be an excellent off road vehicle but unfortunately leaves some to desired when traveling long distances to get to our off road adventures. Enter my brother Brent with a great idea, he has a 4wheel drive van that travels well and is large enough to carry all your stuff and also can have a bed for outback camping otherwise known as "Expedition camping". I began researching this concept and came upon what seemed to be the perfect solution, for me at least a Chevrolet Astro van with AWD. well after much searching and a trip to Kaysville seems to have netted us the " Perfect van" a 2002 Astro FULLY loaded and in great shape in silver right near in Santa Clara. Upon reading the widow sticker (which they still had) I found that this van really is well optioned with a limited slip rear also equipped with 3.73:1 gear ratio, the factory towing package including a real nice hitch well tucked up under the rear bumper, not hanging down like some we have seen. The people have taken excellent care of this van and seems new in appearance with a few small dents/scrapes on the outside. This van was even in the 2002 Olympics (well used during that event) and has stickers proudly displayed to prove it. I will have to post pictures later as we haven't gotten it home yet, we go this morning to sign papers for the loan and complete the transaction. Soo if you know anyone who would like a good Honda TRX 300 4 wheeler (Silver)or a nice Suzuki 4 door Sidekick (Phreddy)let us know or check them out on KSL, as we will be selling them to pay for part of the new vans cost. P.S Dendra has come up with a name for the new van, she nominated "Dimples" which seems fitting as she has a few "Dimples" due to the last 7 years of use, and I think it will stick so she is named even before we have finished the purchase. I feel she will be a helpful addition to our family.

No comments: