christmas

Friday, July 16, 2010

Us Old Folks Learn New Tricks

Michael and I have had a very busy month. Colt has helped us move forward in the electronic world. We now have an EVO and a HERO phone. I have the Hero for now because the phone store did not have enough Evo's available. The Hero is to help me learn how to work the new system while waiting for my Evo to come in. It is the top of the line with all the bells and whistles. Trouble is old folks learning all the new tricks that they preform. While trying we have dropped calls, sent empty texts and e-mails, we have even called people that we didn't know we were calling and left phone messages that is us continuing with life because we didn't know we were leaving messages. To all of you I say WE ARE SORRY! But I don't know if it will change in the near future.

Colt also got a Nook (electronic book library) for $60. He knew that I wanted one so he gave it to Michael for Father's Day, but it is for me to have. I am still trying to work out how it works.

We have found our purchases of electronics is money well spent. In case your wondering. It isn't that we need these things. It is just our hobby we share with Colt. Most of our electronics are
gifts from our children. We contact him every time we don't know what we are suppose to do, or
how to get what we want, or to fix what we've done. We fix them so well that a lot of times he has to just come spend the night to have enough time to play (fix) with all of our gadgets.

Michael even tried to hold Colt's arcade games hostage in an effort to get him to play. We have met with limited success. But we can't get enough of having him and the rest of the kids over. It
is nicer to have a TRAINER close by as we try to learn our new tricks.

No comments: